Design Thinking: Experimentation



During March I went to Auckland for the second session with MIT.

We started by looking at our prototype and gathered feedback and feedforward with these.

The questions we asked each other were:


  1. What was the achievement challenge?
  2. What was your purpose in designing this tool?
  3. What were the gaps you identified in your prototype?
  4. What is the point of difference with other tools already being used? Why yours?
  5. How is this tool/ approach/ process going to have an impact on student achievement?
  6. Any one extra to add into your team?
  7. What are the weak point or link in our design thinking process?
To begin with this scared me a little. Was my prototype going to work? I have only been working on it for a few weeks. Was I ready for it to be thrown around and tore apart?

The answer was yes! I was ready.

As I began to share my thinking I thought what a process! The questions got me thinking about what was right for my learners and my context.


I snapped some photos as I drew my prototype.
First I was scared to show - I had put so much of my heart and soul into this - read, talked, got student voice, looked around. 
What would people think about it?

But what I gained were ideas around practical tips, tools, advice, guidance and possibly the best one yet was that it could work in other schools.

From this session I now feel more confident about putting my prototype together and to begin sharing it with others.

Check out the photos below and let me know your questions:


...

Comments