It's been awhile....

Firstly I would like to apologise for my lack of posts recently - it has been a very busy few weeks after the break. ERO, School opening and an Art Gallery Trip to name a few...

I want to talk about the issue that I am facing with learners - The progress and achievement in Maths is far too slow and low.

I have been doing a bit of thinking around this lately....

A few thoughts that have come to my attention but with one main focus:

  • Why is it that problem solving seems to be the way forward?

Upon looking at the learners a term down the path of using inquiry based maths problems - Why is this being successful?

  • Is it the opportunities for the learners to talk? 
  • Is it the opportunities for the learners to think on their own? 
  • Is it the opportunities for the learners to work with or alongside the teachers? 
  • Is it the opportunities to question? 
  • Is it the opportunities for the learners to have a real life context?
This is something that I need to continue to focus on and read more about.....


Comments