My time in Sydney: including a visit to Google

So it has been a few days now that I have gotten home again after my time in Sydney. As you would have read I spoke at the EdTech conference.

Sydney wasn't all about the conference. Lots of other amazing things happened - Even some semi bad karaoke

One of the main highlights was getting the opportunity to check out the Google offices in Sydney. Something not many people have been able to do.











I guess what I didn't realise what I would learn from this experience. Through viewing and conversation I found that:

  • food is important (they had great cafes all through the buildings)
  • wellbeing is important
  • time to talk is important 
to name a few.

How does this align with my practice? My MIT inquiry?

Firstly making sure the learners have the required food is always important. I am lucky to work in a space where they can eat when they need to.

Following on, it is important for learners to be able to talk to each other, ask questions when not sure and work together to solve their problems. Using the tool the learners are able to do all of this.

Now to use this knowledge on my project. How will it change what we are already doing to make this better?


Second highlight was a chance to get away with the MIT19 crew. We were only missing a couple of key people, (Dorothy, Anne and Jenny) but in their place we had Dave and Gerhard to help us.

I had never been to Sydney so it was exciting. Check out a few photos below.


...



Comments