MIT: Update for Term 3

Well where did Term 3 go? I am not really sure. It was here one day and now it seems to have disappeared. - What I can say is that I am ready for a break before the crazy Term 4 begins.



Thought I would give a quick update on my Tool.

This term was all about using and refining it. The tool has become more of a tool that teachers can use to help them make a change in their maths teaching.

What I have noticed using the tool:

  • Learner engagement has shot up
    Learners enjoy maths. They are excited when they achieve one of their learning goals. They are excited when they share their learning with others. They are excited when they can explain their thinking. They are excited about giving feedback to others about their learning. They are just excited about Maths.
  • Learners results have shifted
    Now only with a handful of the 75 learners still working within level 1 of the curriculum its a great feeling. Not only are the learners able to solve a larger range of problems they are using a larger range of strategies to help them. Currently we have under 10 learners still working within level 1.

Professionally, I have enjoyed my time with MIT - It has been great to push my thinking and see things in a different light. It has been really enjoyable to meet and work with a wide range of teachers from around New Zealand. It has been a great support network to be part of.

Comments